Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas Angels


Dear Readers:
I wasn't quite sure what I was going to post today.
A quick stop on Facebook and the messages
of two friends on my page,
made my decision for me.


One friend, joyously, delighted in sharing the
festive nature of the season with me.
The other,
shared the love she has for my daughter with me.
Both ladies, intimately touched my heart.
One made me gleeful,
one brought tears to my eyes.
Both made me grateful for the angels in my life.
And I have many of them.


I have to reflect back to my previous entry
about the magic of the season.
These are two examples of what I was talking about.
A mood changed, in the blink of an eye,
by kind words.
A few moments of their time
changed the entire landscape of my day.


My heart is overflowing with love and joy this morning.
In fact, I think I may burst.
They don't realize it,
but they have also issued me a challenge
in their moment of kindness.
I want to be an angel to someone today.


So let me start with you, Dear Readers.
If you are ill,
I hold you in my prayers for good health.
If you are alone,
I am here for you.
If you doubt yourself,
please know how special you are.


On this 8th day of Christmas,
may you all find the angels among you.
I have found mine...

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Angels of a feather flock together. You are an angel in my life and the lives of many others. As Jim's mother would say, you are very thoughty.
Yes, thoughty is a real word. Who cares if she's the one who made it up? I am loving your "days of Christmas." I can't wait to see what you write about tomorrow.