Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A New View

This may sound silly,
but I take my camera
with me whenever I mow.

If I didn't, I wouldn't get a lovely shot
of my spider wort like I did
above.

However, along the way
today,
I decided to try a different view.
I looked up.

I thought I saw some really
beautiful sites.
See what you think.













One more look down
and I got this shot of my
bleeding heart.
Disclaimer:  I am a very, very novice picture taker with a little
point and shoot camera.  I can, in no way,
compete with all of you
wonderful photographers in blog land.
I just enjoy sharing my world
as I see it.  =)

8 comments:

Kandi said...

I think your shots are lovely, Jill! And very creative "thinking outside the box" to look up the way you did. :) I don't know what spider wort is but the flowers sure are pretty!

TexWisGirl said...

i think those are lovely! LOVE trees and those interlacing branches are perfect!!!

Young Adventures... said...

Your photos are beautiful Jill! Not that I'm a professional photographer or anything, but I have seen a lot of really beautiful photos taken with point and shoots and some not so great photos taken with DSLR cameras. Thanks so much for sharing a piece of you through your photography.
P.S.
Are spider worts haven't even come up yet.

Janie said...

And I love that you share your world! Your bleeding hearts are lovely. I wish I could keep them alive. Should I try again? Send your tricks on those precious flowers.

Anonymous said...

Love your pictures! I never think to look UP: I'll have to try that sometime. It really is a different perspective.
PS. I think professional photography is overrated.....but don't tell anyone.

Valerie said...

I love the spider wort you gave me! It's a perfect filler when I make bouquets with my bearded iris. Tomorrow I think my other iris will bloom and I cannot remember the name for the life of me! You know the ones. This is such a lovely time of year.

Ricki Treleaven said...

I love bleeding hearts. I painted some white ones a few months ago. :D

Kayla said...

I love the first 2 where you are looking up the most! The interlacing of the branches is just beautiful, with the sun shining through the leaves.....Love it!