Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jar Art

I had the girls over the other day
for a card party.

In my preparations,
I was looking for some
silly little gifts
to be awarded.

I found myself at the local
discount store when
I spotted this bright,
cheery jar sitting on the shelf.
Hanging below was this kit:
The kit is made by Ball
and calls for a Ball Canning Jar.
I had several collecting dust at home
so I thought I'd give it a try.

Everything except the jar
was included in the kit...
Cuts outs, ribbon,buttons, tag,
glue dots and dimensional dots.

I had to substitute a Kerr jar
for the Ball jar,
but in less than 15 minutes,
this is what I had:
I filled it with
pastel washcloths and
a few scented candles.
I thought it was a cute,
inexpensive gift idea
that others might enjoy trying.

For the paper crafter,
you could easily create one
without the kit.


Irish Toast:
May the sound of happy music,
and the lilt of Irish laughter,
fill your heart with gladness,
that stays forever after.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

This is just adorable! The inside items were perfect. Cute, cute, cute.

RKO Ideas Galore (by Karen) said...

Very cute! I haven't seen these before...

Jill said...

Thanks!
Karen: The discount store in St. Francis (right by St. Francis Foods) is where I got it. They have several different styles. It was so hard to choose!

Betty said...

Ooo, how pretty! Perfect for Spring. Love the St. Patty's shamrock background. Hugs

Kandi said...

Cute! I love it...and the blog design looks good, too!