Monday, March 14, 2011

Something Yummy

Minnesota Cream of Wild Rice and Chicken Soup



I found this recipe online.
I've made it a few times
over the last couple of months
and we just love it.

While I realize we are almost
at the end of
"soup season,"
I thought you might
want to try it before the
warm weather lands.

Ingredients:Servings: 4  

3 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 cup sliced carrot

1/2 cup sliced celery

1/3 cup wild rice

1/3 cup sliced onion

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

2 tablespoons butter

3 tablespoons flour

1 cup half-and-half cream

1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken




Directions:

Prep Time: 30 mins



Total Time: 1 1/2 hrs

1. Mix broth, carrots, celery, uncooked rice, onions, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.

2. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour, until the rice is tender.

3. Melt butter, stir in the flour, then the half-half.

4. Cook and stir 1 minute. Slowly add half-half mixture to the rice mixture, stirring constantly. Stir in the chicken and heat through.





Note:
I always rinse and soak my
rice for at least an hour
prior to cooking it.

Enjoy!

Irish Proverb:
May the sun shine, all day long,
everything go right and nothing wrong.
May those you love bring love back to you,
and may all the wishes you wish come true.

































2 comments:

Betty said...

Oh, thank you! I could live on soup. This looks like a really good hearty soup, thick and creamy with lots of "stuff". I'm going to print it off and add to my recipe box right now. I know I will make it sometime soon.

Heidi said...

mmmm! Thats what I am going to have for dinner tomorrow. Will substitute the flour with cornstarch and I will let you know how it turned out. :)