Monday, August 30, 2010

Heaven on Earth

On Wednesday, I picked TJ up.
We all came home and had a quick bite for lunch.
After that, we unload the truck from our first two legs of the trip and reloaded it for camping!
We picked up Max and headed to Isle, MN.
We pulled into Father Hennepin State Park at around 5:00 p.m.

After setting up camp and having our supper, we headed out for a walk at around 7:30 p.m.

Here are some of what we saw:
The weather was warm and the water was choppy.
The view was breathtaking.
The sun setting made everything so picturesque.
Of course, Becky just has to try to climb this great rock.
I wanted to bring it home but TJ said he just couldn't carry it! ha!
We could view the lake from our campsite.
We were lulled to sleep by the calls of the loons
and the slapping of waves upon the rocks.
This is my idea of living.

That is, until I had to go the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Four times.
And it was at least two blocks away.
I wasn't scared.
But my feet hurt.
Flip flops never sounded so loud as they did that night.

We awoke the next morning, refreshed.
Well, the kids were refreshed.
The awoke to the smell of bacon frying.

Then they wanted to fish.
They didn't catch anything, but neither did anyone else.
Back to camp we went for a few hours of relaxation.
TJ's version of a game at the fair.
Becky worked a puzzle.

Then it was a quick trip into town.
Now, the following are not the best pictures but look closely to see
if you can see what we saw:
That, my friend, is an ALBINO deer!
Her baby is off to the left but very hard to make out.
Talk about exciting!

We had a great dinner and back to fishing the kids went.
This was such a great fishing pier!

Max and I sat on the shore, on the rocks.
I played amateur photographer as I was
enthralled with what I saw.
Here are a few shots I'd like to share with you:
Do you see why I called this Heaven on Earth?
If you ever get the chance, you really need to visit Father Hennepin.

After a full day, we returned back to camp for ghost stories around the campfire.
We then settled in for another night of sleeping to the sweet sounds of nature.

And then it happened.
I had to go to the bathroom.
Settled back to sleep.
And I had to go again.
Trudged back to the tent, fell asleep...
and had to go again.

Remember how I mentioned in my first post of this trip that I knew it was time to go home?
The reason is because...
I seriously considered using my cooking pot outside of the tent instead of making
the long nightly trek AGAIN!

I LOVE to camp but I sure like my bathroom right next to my room.
But of course, as always,
I haven't had to get up even ONCE to use the bathroom
since we've been home!

It was a wonderful week though. 
Thanks for letting me share it with all of you.

1 comment:

Kandi said...

Ha ha! Cute story, Jill. And beautiful pictures! There is (supposedly) a white deer by my parent's cabin...not sure if it's a true albino...but they call it Tulip and I've been longing to see it! How cool for you to see that deer. Probably once in a lifetime. :)


http://kandilandblog.blogspot.com