Monday, January 7, 2013

I'm Tired


I'm tired of blogger having a mind of it's own.
People that have to struggle so hard just to share their passion.

I'm tired of people getting mad.
Over little stuff.

Like if someone gets a game request on Facebook.
I love to play word games.
I never send out requests to anyone I know doesn't like to play games.
Sometimes, those computer games send them out without my knowledge.
I'm sorry if one has come to you in my name.

I'm tired of road rage.
I mean really,
have you never gone too slow,
or forgotten to use your turn signal?
Unless there is an accident,
is it really that big of a deal?
Will 2 more minutes on the road
REALLY make a huge difference in your day?

I'm tired of people spending time with "me"
while being on their cell phone,
IPAD or a computer.
I mean, go ahead and spend all day on your toys, if you'd like.
But please, don't do it while you're with me.

But most of all,
I'm tired of killings.
Senseless, needless killings,
of innocent people.
Adults and worse yet...children.
I can't stand it.
Not for
One. More. Minute.
Really people.
Let's get a grip
on what matters in this world.
Let's get back to kindness.
Love and
Peace.

I'm going to.
I'm not going to whine and complain anymore.
I'm going to start doing.
I've done my 26 Random Acts of Kindness in memory
of the angels taken way too soon from Sandy Hook Elementary.

Now I'm going to make my whole year about
RAK'S.
I'm going to start with cards for co-workers.
Just a note letting them know they are special and
cared about.
It's not much.
But it just MIGHT make a bad day into a good day.

To my readers:
If I could send you each a card, I would.
But I can't.
So let this serve the purpose.

Each and EVERY one of YOU
is SPECIAL!
You are thought about!
You are CARED about!
I APPRECIATE YOU!
I may not know you personally,
But I LOVE YOU!

24 comments:

E. said...

I'm tired too, but I totally agree that we should start being more positive and tolerant! I think your co-workers willl be really happy when they get their cards! :)

Furry Bottoms said...

You are so poetic. I love your writing!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

awwww, i love you too!! big big hug. i so get what you are saying. times are tough, stressful & nuts. got to stay positive. ( :

Jeanne said...

You too are very special Jill.
I think we all get tired of the horrible nasty crap we can't explain.Staying positive is very important.
Joy to you!!!

Anonymous said...

Love you too.

Debbie Jones said...

I agree with you and love this post! We need more kindness and compassion in this world. Thank you for your wonderful, inspiring blog! Good day to you, my friend!

Debbie said...

awww jill, you said it all, so much of what i think, every, single, day!!

your cards are so beautiful, so thoughtful and personal!!

you rock jill, you really do!!

Buttons Thoughts said...

JILL
Each and EVERY one of YOU
is SPECIAL!
You are thought about!
You are CARED about!
I APPRECIATE YOU!
I may not know you personally,
But I LOVE YOU!

Right back at you my friend. I am tired too really really tired. HUGS B

TexWisGirl said...

hold onto the positives, dear one.

Beth said...

Thank you Jill!

Donna said...

Awwww... Love you too!!!

Bonnie said...

Bless you!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

It is all exhausting, and I feel the same as you. Everyone needs to just slow down and try to be a little kinder.

Chatty Crone said...

Awe I love this and I agree with each and every thing you said. I have done my 26 acts of kindness too - and like you am going to continue the whole year - have my daughter and grandson doing them too. Sandie

Jackie said...

:)

Lynne said...

Excellent Jill . . . So sweet you are and love that you are back in the fold!

Unknown said...

Life sure has a way of getting to us huh. Thank you!

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

AWw Jill. What a great post. I am so tired of all the stuff you mentioned as well. Great great post. The whole world should read more of these posts instead of reading all the junk out there. youtube should delete videos that show stupid things like people and the guns they have. I mean come on guys keep that to yourselves. Bottom line is, I love you as well, and am so glad I found your blog and you are still blogging. Thank you for the kind words and all the inspiration you give us followers. Thank you for loving us and we love you too. ANA

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I also get annoyed w/ people more interested in electronic devices than in spending time together. I think the cards are a great idea!

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

Jill, so SWEET and wonderful!!!! I am happy to pop by today (I am eagerly catching up on my blog reading!) and see you are WELL but sick and TIRED of all the wrong in our world!!! Have a wonderful week!

Susan said...

I love you too! Really!

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Jill, There is so much more good in the world than bad. We just need to spread that around. Thanks for taking the lead! Love, Penny

My Mind's Eye said...

We could not have said it better....as for the cell phone Mom was about ready to jump out of her car today and give a mom of a toddler a tongue lashing. Mom was on the way to pick up G-pa (he was released today) at the hospital. There was a mom and a ~3 year old crossing the street mom was on the cell phone, child was traipsing along behind her, stopped smack in the middle of the street while mom continued to cross the street oblivious to the child! DANG WOMAN SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOLDING THE CHILD'S HAND AND NOT THE $$*! CELL PHONE!
HUGS MADI AND MOM

Nancy said...

I wish I had time to play a game or two with you, my dear. I'm just plain physically tired right now. Not enough sleep.

The cards sound like such a thoughtful idea. I'm sure your co-workers will love them.