Friday, July 8, 2011

I Just Had To

I may be repeating
myself.
Please forgive me if
I am.

My Mom had a saying
that went like this:
"My get up and go,
got up and went."
It pretty much
sums up my week.

Oh, I did get laundry done
and had some lovely
impromptu company
(thankfully, they did give me a little notice
as I hadn't showered yet and my house was a mess)!
I watered the gardens
and we swam.
But other than that...
I did not accomplish much.

I did take this picture though...




I'm no photographer
but I kinda like it.

I'm always so
fascinated when I see all
of the "effects"
people do with their photos
that I just had to try it.


Here's what I did...


Pretty fun
(I know, I am easily entertained and it wouldn't
win any awards but I got to play around
and now I can say
I've 'edited' my photo)

If all goes well,
we'll be attending a rodeo
tonight. 
It's a once a year thing.
I don't know
anything about rodeos
except for this...
I love watching
those cowboys!

See ya later.
Maybe tomorrow.
Maybe not.
Until then...
have a good one!

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, i love the original - such GREAT contrast between the rows of trees and that bright and beautiful sky... :) hope you get some rest soon!

My Mind's Eye said...

You are an excellent photographer with a very good eue for what is beautiful. I'm a big fan of white puffy clouds!
Rodeo well we say Giddy up and have a ball enjoy the eye candy weathing cowboy hats.
Hugs Madi and Mom

My Mind's Eye said...

PS mom meant to type
wearing....not weathing. LOL
Madi

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I know all about that saying...

Debbie said...

the hubs thinks i am typing a lease, i'm not!!!

i hid my camera so i won't get distracted...so now i'm here in bloggerland, having fun.

looks like you are a photographer, great photo!!!

Betsy Brock said...

I love that little saying of your mothers! I think I've heard it before..too cute!

Your day sounds wonderful and I love the cloud photo!

Rodeo? how neat...I've never been but my boy Harry loves to watch them on tv. :)

Valerie said...

This picture is absolutely beautiful! Award worthy. I had forgotten Mom's pithy little saying. I am going to start using it instead of "lazy daisy."

Melodie said...

Great pictures! I love a good rodeo,have fun!

Paula said...

Like the original picture very much. We have a lot of rodeos around here. Hope you have lotsa fun.

Michaele said...

Yee haw! We were going to go to a rodeo tonight at our county fair, but the tickets are sold out. That's okay, there is another one next Thurs nearby. Have fun!

Jackie said...

I absolutely love watching rodeo's, my hubby thinks I'm crazy.

Karine said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing :o)

Jenny Woolf said...

Sounds nice. Sometimes its good to let "get up and go" go!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love your photo, I'm a big fan of fluffy clouds. Have fun at the rodeo!

Reena said...

Love the big fluffy cloud!