Saturday, July 9, 2011

All American Fun

One of the things I just love about the rodeo (you already know I love those cowboys) is that it is still All American.  We honor our God, our flag, our country and our service men and women.  It makes my heart swell with pride each and every time I'm there.

While I don't pretend to understand all of the judging criteria, I do know that those cowboys are tenacious beyond a doubt.  I cringe like a mother hen each time I see one fall, rise out of the dust and limp back to the gate.  My mouth is agape as I watch the contortions they go through while trying to hang onto that bucking bronco.  I really don't understand how the human body can survive such antics but I'm sure glad someone has the guts to do it as it is amazing to watch!

Now...onto the cowboys themselves...

Of course I had to get my cowgirl in here.
No matter what we do,
she enjoys playing the part.





Yee haw!



All in all, it was a great night of All American, Family Fun!

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

seems you were a bit partial to mr blond curls down his neck. ;)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

We used to go to a lot of rodeos when we lived in Texas. It was fun!

Sharon said...

(Gee, T, I noticed that too) Hey, Jill - do you know that guy??? :-)

Nancy said...

Rodeos are alot of fun. We have quite a few around here in the summer. Great shots, Jill. :)

Reena said...

We used to have a local rodeo in our small town of Iowa each summer. Nothing as fancy as yours ... but still a rodeo. Fun times!

GypsyFarmGirl said...

Love your rodeo pictures! So glad you had a great time! I grew up riding horses and attending lots of rodeos and never grew tired of looking at all the cowboys!!! :) Some how this year we have not managed to make it to one single rodeo.

kelli-AdventurezInChildRearing said...

looks like an awesome rodeo adventure! i so totally approve! and, he is a good lookin cowboy! i love it that your daughter likes to "play the part" - i am a fan of dress up as well! :)