Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Bump in the Night?

 Of late, I have been enjoying so many late night and early morning hours on my deck.
I am delighted as the full moon has graced my landscape
as the stars twinkle at me through the night sky.
Faint fall breezes seem to tickle my neck as
I glance overhead.

It has been eerily quiet times to be enjoyed
for their peaceful simplicity.
I have embraced them all,
knowing what soon lies ahead.

Spooks and goblins will be soon be
dancing across the streets,
in hopes of goodies as they wave their bags at the doorway,
and scream Trick or Treat!

But children and adults alike,
beware of what may lurk amid the tress and shrubs,
It could be Dracula, Frankenstein or a ghost.
An apparition that can't be explained.
Here's one I captured as it traveled across my deck,
looking for someone to attach itself to, perhaps?
So be forewarned...
One can never be too careful
on All Hallows Eve.

Don't wander alone.
Be alert.
Be sure you know who or what lurks behind the many masks,
that wander the neighborhood on that night.

Check your bag, for worms and such.
For they and spiders can make delightful tricks.
Watch out for things that go bump in the night,
It could be a ghoul looking for you!




No comments: