Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Changes

It's the change of seasons...
In all it's beautiful glory of green slowly giving way to
crimson reds, flaming oranges and neon yellows. 
As my picture demonstrates, we aren't quite there yet.
I know I'm rushing things a bit but it is a race for me agaisnt the
autumn winds that threaten to take away the pallete of colors
before they come to their full radience.

Changes.
There seem to be a lot of them lately.
Some are embraced as newly invited challenges.
Others,
not so much.
More than a few are unwanted.


They might concern the health of a loved one,
or the attitude of a teen evolving into adulthood.
Perhaps it has to do with finances,
or a job change.
Maybe it's comtemplating a move,
or just the fact that one day, in the not so distant future,
we'll be dealing with snow again.


Some people gracefully accept change.
Others may be ridden with feelings of dread,apprehension, or even guilt.
 Guilt. 
That hideous, horrific, gnawing voice in the back of my head.
I used to joke that the only trips I ever took were "guilt trips."
I don't find that funny anymore.
Perhaps it's my age maturity.
But I'd like to get off the guilt train now.
I'd like to be a resonable, wordly, ripe woman that no longer feels guilt.
But then, I guess I wouldn't be me.
Guess it's time to simply adjust and get on with things.


I'm going to reconsile my thinking.
I'm going to embrace the fall changes that I love so much.
I'm going to enjoy the sunshine and the last few summer gifts bestowed upon me.


I'll leave you with a picture...
fall doesn't get any better than this.



1 comment:

Kayla said...

Love your pictures, as usual, Jill. We just FINALLY broke out of the 90s here - 2 days ago. Yes, 2 days ago. I am looking forward to the start of fall here. Last year it was one of the only high points that I had after our move. It really was beautiful and lasted much longer than fall in Minnesota!

www.shutthefridge.blogspot.com