Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Why

Why may refer to:







A request for an evidential reason
This is the definition of why according to Wikipedia.
 
Since I began blogging, a whole month ago, I have been asked by multiple people "Why are you blogging?"  It's a bit of a complicated answer but I have decided it's a good question that I need to attempt to answer honestly.  After much consideration, I offer you the following:
 
1)  There are blogs about everything out there!  To name a few;  families, rubber stamping, quilting, cooking, traveling, shopping, antiques and the list goes on and one.  There is even one blog that has an entry complaining about all of the blogs that all start with "I", or as he puts it "eye" and how irritating it is to him.  There lies the first answer as to why I have chosen to blog.  In the "real" world, there are so many rules to follow.  I present just a few: Don't interrupt while others are speaking, don't talk about yourself too much, don't offend anyone, don't talk too loudly, don't talk too softly, etc.  Believe it or not, I am always thinking about trying not to break those rules when you and I sit down to visit.  In the blog world, I don't have to.  I can say what I want to whether it be all about "me", nature, crafting, gardening or  issues that concern me.  No one has to read my blog.  The first answer to "Why do you blog?" is simply this: Freedom.
 
2) For the few of you that read my previous blog http://www.jill.sosblog.com/  , you will recall that my first blog was all about trying to step outside of my "safety zone."  Not being the athletic, adventurous type, I thought I'd start here.  Yes, I know, many of you don't see any real risk in what I am doing but please trust me when I say  "This scares the hell out of me!"  Second answer: "Letting go of the safety net."
 
3)  When I was divorced, I sold off my rubber stamps and hung up my embossing gun.  I do very little scrap booking anymore.  I've always needed some sort of a creative outlet.  That's the third answer.
 
I do not write because I believe I'm good at it.  I do not write because I think what I have to say is more important than what  anyone else has to say.  I write for purely selfish reasons.  I enjoy it. 
 
To the few of you that read my blog, thanks for letting me share it with you!  I just love hearing from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh but you ARE good at writing kiddo!

(((jill)))