Just a couple
of fun boats
from our North Shore trip.
The William A. Irvin
This ship hauled ore and coal as well as
dignitaries and guests on the Great Lakes.
She was launched in 1937
and was put it layup in 1978,
Edna, The Tugboat.
She was the last coal fed, steam powered tugboat in operation
on the Great Lakes.
She was built in 1896 and served Two Harbors, MN. until 1981.
For 2 years, during WW1, she was seized but the US Government
and converted for saltwater duty.
She was restored in 1994.