Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Big Reveal...Final Girls Day

We checked out of our
hotel room at
noon on Saturday.
Our adventures weren't done though
as we headed to the
Renaissance Festival.

It was the perfect ending
to a delightful 3 days way.

Greeted by songs as we entered.

And this character begging people to sit on him!

I was quite taken with this lovely
harpist and her beautiful music.


A lovely walk through the Fairy Garden
revealed these darling little gnome
and fairy houses.
My favorite part!
I'm wishing to shrink
so that I may live among them all.

Selling flowers grown by the fairies.



One of the more interesting characters we saw.


Many beautiful masks were for sale.


As well as pretty pewter
and stained glass pieces.
Not shown is the wonderful
pottery and jewelry that
were being sold by many vendors.


Which now leads us to the big reveal...
our henna tattoos...

Lindsey's was, by far, the most
elaborate and beautiful!
Here is Teresa's ankle tattoo:


Of course, my daughter's selection
made me think of a sailor.
(Don't tell her I said that).
But she loves to be an individual!

In case you can't tell, it's on her arm.

And at long last, here is mine.
I have learned the hard way...
these henna's are not meant
for old, wrinkly, age spotted hands.




No matter though,
it's a great reminder
of a terrific time away
and a wonderful way to say
farewell to summer.


26 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh my goodness those cottages are so darling. I would want to just curl up in one. How cute!

TexWisGirl said...

those are beautiful tattoos! glad you all got them - a symbol of unity and womanhood. :)

Raindrops and Daisies said...

I am with TexWisGirl, the tattoos are great!

Fantastic photos.



Fiona

Kathy said...

What a great ending to your three-day getaway. I'd love to see the fairy garden and all the cute little houses.

Anonymous said...

i havent had henna tattoes in ages. this makes me want to get my henna kit out and play around

Donna said...

LOVE those Houses! Especially the one by the waterfall!
Your tattoo looks Great!
hughugs

Ellie said...

Your tattoos look great, and those wee houses are just soo cute.

Sharon said...

What a lovely day, you girls all had, very interesting! The little fairy houses are adorable, love how they have them set up. Beautiful tattoos! Looking at myself, I definitely couldn't put a tattoo anywhere!

What a fine time!

Debbie said...

i just adore those little cottages. what a fun place!!

a few months back i got a real tattoo, i think these look great!!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

How adorable those little cottages were and what an absolutely magical place to bring smiles to faces!...:)JP

the Provident Woman said...

That looks like it was so much fun! I love the body art.

My Mind's Eye said...

You 4 ladies had way too much fun!! That must have been an amazing girls weekend. Love the henna tats...how long do they last?


OH MY STARS we just had tremors here from an 5.8 earthquake 34 miles northwest of Richmond.
I was sitting here typing when the keyboard started to shake. I thought it was me I went to get my hubby to see if he felt it by the time he got back in here the entire desk was shaking. It scared the *&#* out of both of us. I literally shoved Madi in her carrier and headed down stairs. They said the temors were felt as far north as Boston. I'm still shaking... good gried this is not going to be a relaxing week.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Bonnie said...

I am in love with the fairy cottages. I want one for my little fairies. This sounds like a trip you and your daughter will remember for a long time.

Young Adventures... said...

Glad you ladies had a good time!

Paula said...

You saved the best for last. Are you four planning already for next year?

Dianna said...

Cool tattoo!!

By the way - where was this? (I may have missed a post - these past few days have been super busy!)

Unknown said...

Such lovely little cottages! The tats are super!

Melodie said...

WHat a fun time! We all love to go to the renaissance fest when it happens down here! My son was just asking today if this year he can get a battle ax..the answer was still no,lol!

Nancy said...

Henna is temporary, right? :)

Love those little cottages. Very cute!

Michaele said...

How cool! Yours almost looks like puffy paint. My daughters love to get those (the only kind I allow).

Reena said...

Beautiful tatoos!
Love those little fairy houses.
What a great girl time you guys have had!

Dar said...

What fun~~~and tatoos ta boot~together~wonderful way to end your weekend and so truly farewell to summer.LOVVE this
BlessYourRenaissanceHearts

forgetmenot said...

Great pics of what sounds like a "great getaway". Love those miniature cottages--too cute. So glad you enjoyed yourself--we all need that once and a while. Mickie :)

Susan said...

A fantastic meander through the Fair with all of you.
Oh, yes, me too... I'd love to live in those fairy houses. Just brings back childhood fantasies!!
That chair bloke cracked me up :D)
Love the henna tattoos - yours included Jill, it's quite beautiful.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the tattoos too and the Renaissance Festival - we go every year here.

SO much fun!

RKO Ideas Galore (by Karen) said...

Hey -- The fingernails look great (and the henna looks like chocolate)!