I'm a bit all over the place this morning so I thought I'd just blog some snippets of this and that. Are you ready? OK..here we go.
1) Right now, I have a brother and sister in law (yes, they are married to each other) that are touring Alaska in their RV. I get an occasional text and/or picture on my phone of where they are and what they are doing. I spent a year living in Anchorage. Makes me a little melancholy for those days. I'm happy they are enjoying it yet I'd like to gouge their eyes out cause I wish it were me!
2) Like everyone else, we're suffering from very high temperatures and high humidity. We have been having storms pop up every now and then. My home is surrounded ( and I mean surrounded) by huge pine trees. I've always loved to watch them sway in the wind. Well, that is, until this year. I have seen so many downed (big) trees and large tree limbs down that I've gotten to be a little nervous. I rarely "seek shelter" if the weather sirens go off but have sought shelter this year just because of high winds.
3) Which reminds me. I have a nice routine now for when it's time to "seek shelter." I grab my purse, toss in a remote land line phone, make sure my cell phone is in my bag and grab our basket of medications. Yesterday, I just had to face the heat to run some errands. We made several stops and upon making my last stop (the pharmacy) I discovered I still had my remote home phone in my purse. Yes, my face was red.
4) While returning home from the errands yesterday, my daughter and I were both overheated and shall I say...not too pleasant to be around. We quickly agreed that should our A/C ever give out, we'd have to rush to a hotel or be at risk of killing each other. Seriously, it was that bad.
5) I've been overwhelmed by all of your wonderful comments and the number of new followers that have been joining in recent weeks. I've spent a lot of time lately though questioning if I really have anything to contribute to the blog world. I look at your blogs and am always amazed at your stunning photos, insight, travels, creativity, etc. In fact, I have been running out of adjectives while leaving my comments for you. I'll have to get my dictionary and thesaurus out to keep things fresh!
6) I'm trying to prepare for two camping trips in August. One for 4 nights (I think the heat has affected my decision making process) and one for 1 night. We just took up camping last year so I'm still a novice. It takes me a LOT of my brain power (which is diminishing on a daily basis) to mentally prepare for these trips. I don't think I over pack but it sure is a challenge to get everything into my vehicle!
7) Today it's supposed to reach 100 here and that is before any heat index is applied. Yesterday, we had the hottest day in 45 years. It will interesting (?) to see how things end today.
8) I am really enjoying this season of America's Got Talent. LOVE it!
9) The little boy in my previous post is a dear friends child. I did day care for him this past school year.
10) A local restaurant was hit by lightning yesterday. They are now calling the hole in the roof their skylight. The same storm knocked the power out at our local grocery store (several miles away) and they have been running on a generator!
OK, I've gone on long enough. If it's hot where you are, stay cool and hydrated. If it's dry where you are, I wish you rain. For all of you, I wish you summer joy.