Thursday, July 14, 2011

Playtime!

I've been bad.  Very, very bad.  I've pretty much locked myself in my office for the past few days and indulged myself in play time!  For me, that mean anything from stamping, scrapbooking, using punches, die cuts, etc. 

I just learned a new technique and was so excited I thought I'd blog it for anyone that might be interested.  It's called embedded embossing.  Here are two samples of what I did.  These are my first attempts so cut me a little slack. ha!





Can you see the texture in the paper?  I just think this is so fun. 

 You may never see me on here again (oh stop dancing for joy, I WILL be back)!

15 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love making cards and I love texture.....so...I think your cards are precious! Bonnie

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I think your first attempts are really successful!! I love the cards and admire you for trying something new--I'm not that brave...But I do have a puppy! :-))

Dar said...

Pretty cool attempts, Jill. I'd say you've done this before. I love both of them, so different yet using the same textured paper. It's been eons since I've done anything crafty besides crochet.
BlessYourTalentedHeart

TexWisGirl said...

oh too cute!!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love embossed card! So many possibilities.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I love that second one!

Anonymous said...

I just learned that technique last week! Isn't it fun? Do you have a Cuttlebug or (I think it's called) a Big Shot?
I love my Cuttlebug!

Reena said...

it looks darling!

snowwhite said...

Wow, they are so cool! To make such lovely cards mmust be a great great fun! Especially, I love the first one.

Leontien said...

haha i'm glad your happy! it's not really my cup of tea but i love to see you happy!

Leontien

Debbie said...

jill....i scrapped all day yesterday, i floated today!!

i make cards also, lately i have been using flower photo's to make note cards!!!

i LOVE these.....rich with texture!!!!

Sharon said...

I don't do that stuff, but it looks great to me!

Paula said...

I don't do it either but is sure is pretty. I started a scrapbook in the 50's before all the pretty stuff. Just pictures and articles about anyone I have ever met that came out in a newspaper. I met the man who wrote "There Will Always Be Honky Tonks In Texas". Now is that important or what? lol

Jackie said...

Love it Jill, You are very creative. All my stuff is still sitting in boxes...this makes me want to get it out and stamp like a wild women.

Valerie said...

I love this technique! Really, really cute.